Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chocolate Hills

On Monday we took a trip to the Chocolate Hills which have been described as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. I will have to send pictures, but we also started to see lots of foreign visitors from China and Germany so I tried to teach Sterling and Flor to say to them with a Texas accent, "Where Y'all from Strangers?" Sterling actually sounded a bit like George Bush.

On the way home we stopped to get pictures with some tarsiers which are world's smallest primate, and then on a whim we took a boat ride down the Loboc River. That was fantastic. I am so glad my parents taught me to enjoy nature. It was incredibly beautiful. The ride ended at a wonderful waterfalls, and on the way back we heard a rondalla group siging Anak, my favorite Tagalog folk song. They have just started performing in April and they were perfect in this setting. Well, I have to go now. We are going to a memorial service now, and I don't want to be late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOTE FROM BILL THE PRIMATOLOGIST: While tarsiers are indeed small primates, the mouse lemurs of Madagascar hold the record for being the tiniest. :O)