Saturday, August 4, 2007

Thank You Letters

We went to Payatas and to Montalban today, and the students said Goodbye to Elliot and Asa. Elly Yoot is how they pronounce it, and Asa is pronounced Ah sa. The kids there were terrific. When they sing, they choreograph it with hand motions. It was really amazing to watch. We told them how much we appreciated it, and we gave more juggling performances. I finished off with a song called Metamorphosis which seemed appropriate for kids who live in an environmnet that is so harsh.

There are many kids we will remember. It girl named Caren was really an outstanding student, but she had had to drop out of school for two years and was only now returning. There was no money to allow her to continue her schooling in the provinces. We received many thank you letters including one from Loujesa Becarra. I will include it here:

Dear Sir Zues
First of all I would like to say, Thank you. Because you are very kind for me and you can teach me how to solve the problem in math. Do you know Im so happy because if you cannot come inour place I don't know what I can do in my assignment, Because it is so very hard. Sir if you are in Chicago dont forget me, Im Loujesa Bacarra the funny girl who meet you and pls. you will always pray me, because I want to come in your place. And I want to graduate in college, but I don['t know if I can study, because our parents have no money to support me. And I pray you also that you can give God always a strenth and a long life. Do you know you are so very big-big help for me. Thank you very much!!! Miss you!!! Always take care! God bless you!!
From: Loujesa Bacorra


In the afternoon we took tricycles to Montalban which is in the provinces. We served food for 140 kids. Elliot scooped that much rice. It wasn't much money to feed them all, and we could see they appreciated it. Elliot taught the younger kids and I taught the high school kids including one called Asa. Afterwards the girls taught us Tagalog and gave Elliot and Asa many "remembrances". Elliot was told that he looked like a famous movie star except he was better looking. Ha ha He is so modest now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.