Thursday, August 2, 2007

Taglish

This is another story written by one of the students. As you can see, it is in English and Tagalog or what Sterling calls Taglish not to be confused with Cebuanish. We have left mispellings in.


My name is Mariel A. Padigos
Ang Pangalan ko ay si mariel Padigos.
I am 13 years old
Labing tatlong taong gulang

I live in Lansones St. Payatas Quezon City.
I am in grade six
ako ay nasa ika anim na baitang sa Paaralan
I have two little sisters
ako ay may dalawang nakababatang kapatid.
Their name is Emarie and Emarsil
Ang Pangalan nila ay sina Emarie at Emarsil
My Father's name is Mario Padigos
Ang pangalan ng tatay ko ay si Mario Padigos
He is a carpenter
Siya ay isang Karpentiro
My mother's name is Elsie Padigos she is full time house wife
Ang pangalan ng nanay ko ay si Elsie Padigos isang maybahay
Our House is near the creck
Ang bahay namin ay malapit sa creck
Our house is two story with one room up stair
ang bahay namin ay dalawang palapag na may isang kwarto sa itaas.
We have one electric fan up stair and one sailing fan down stair.
Mayroon kaming isang electric fan sa itaas at isa sailing fan sa ibaba.
My favorite activities are playing badminton,reading books, watching TV, walking,
Ang mga paborito kong gawain ay mag laro ng badminton, magbasa ng libro, manood ng TV at mag lakad.
I always do this activities with my friends,namely, Princess Lyka,, Carla and Mary Jane.
Palagi ko itong ginagawa kasama ng mga kaibigan ko na sina Princess, Lyka, Carla And Mary Jane.
My favorite songs are Through it all and With all I am.
Ang mga paborito kong kanta ay ang Through it all at With all I am.


Many of the kids that come to see us live near the creek. It is a pretty messy creek and there is a lot of standing water and garbage in it. Most of the kids live in houses with two rooms, and although they come dressed nicely they have lots of problems with tooth decay. One of the people here told me that his aunt died of asthma yesterday at the age of 51. It is not surprising because the air is very polluted from burning material at the dump and from exhaust from jeepneys and tricycles.

A note to Danny. I have been performing our songs for the kids each day. They clap so they think the like our music. Yesterday they followed my playing with an extended song which had about ten verses. Kids here really seem to like to sing.

1 comment:

danima2log said...

Keep on playing the first three. Next time they hear it will be in full accompaniment .hahahaha.
I have a special request for Elly to play his favorite piano piece. Asa, I've yet to meet, but I am sure the experiences in this travel will make him a well rounded person at a very young age.

Maayong pagpanaw,

dani buenconsejo