Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sirens

We went to the Manila Hotel last night to see Diane Sison sing. Diane has a really nice voice, and I know that if I lived in Manila I would go see her every Wednesday night. Everyone in our group loved her, and when she heard that Asa was not here with his parents she offered to be his nanny although she admitted her fees as a nanny would be rather high. When I told everyone that Asa was here looking for a wife in the Philippines, she offered that she was available, but I don't think her boyfriend knows this. Diane sang a lot of the songs that we requested, and my favorites were Route 66 and Freddie Aquilar's Anak. I wish she would record a CD!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the meantime I will have to listen to Ester Hana's CD until it wears out.

The Manila Hotel is a very historical place. It is the spot where General McArthur stayed when he was in Manila. By the way, we will be going to Tacloban Sunday. That is where McArthur returned when he said, "I have returned." For those who are interested in knowing why he chose that strategic military spot, I have it on good authority that he came there because his Filipino girlfriend lived in Tacloban!

Before we saw Diane we had dinner at the Hotel. The food looked nice, and tasted good, but my favorite food in the whole world is what I buy on the streets. Remember to put that on my tombstone when I die of gastroenteritis. ha ha

No comments: